2022 Spokane County Interstate Fair
Spokane County's Interstate Fair is a ten-day event beginning the Friday after Labor Day each year. The Fair is held at the Spokane County Fair and Expo Center on the corner of Broadway and Havana, its location since 1952. The Fair is a member of the Washington State Fairs Association (WSFA), Rocky Mountain Fairs Association (RMFA), and the International Association of Fairs and Expositions (IAFE).
Each year, citizens of the Greater Spokane Area and beyond are invited to participate in the Interstate Fair by entering items such as arts and crafts and food preservation, as well as livestock, horticulture, floriculture, and photography, just to name a few of the areas. Printed copies of the Exhibitor's Guides are available at the Fair Office after July 1 each year. The Exhibitor's Guide tells exactly what can be entered, how much (if any) the entry fees are, what can be won, when to bring and pick up items, and the rules to enter. The Exhibitor's Guides are also available here on the Fair's website beginning July 1 each year. Don't miss this chance to show off your hard work!
The Fair generates the greater portion of the Spokane County Fair and Expo Center's yearly revenue and an economic impact to the area of $7 million. The Fair and Expo Center is listed as an enterprise fund with the County thus the facility receives no general obligation tax funds. Each facility rental as well as each gate admittance to the Fair helps operate the facility and assist with necessary improvements. To the citizens of the Greater Spokane Area, thank you for all of your support, and we hope to see you at the fair!
As one of Spokane’s largest annual events, the Interstate Fair strives to be a place where one can visit the past, explore the future, and enjoy the wonders of the present in a single location by:
- Being innovative and creative in planning and growth in a secure and fiscally responsible way.
- Promoting family-oriented entertainment and activities.
- Promoting public education related to our agricultural heritage.
- Providing a safe and friendly environment.
- Providing commercial opportunities that showcase information and new products related to agriculture, outdoor living, and other local interests.
- Providing superior customer service and an enjoyable experience.
- Recognizing the vast cultural diversity of our participants and visitors.
- Serving as a showcase of the talents of our community by providing a means of education, exhibit, and competition.